Wednesday, November 5, 2008

These Cake Pops Are Making Me Crazy - Help Me Bakerella!




So, if you haven't checked out Bakerella's blog (see Other SoGood Blogs to the right) then you simply must. She is awesome. The Queen of Cake Pops. She made the cutest Halloween cake pops, so I decided to make some for work. Of course, they were almost a disaster.

For some reason, several of them cracked when the chocolate dried. I can't figure out why, except that maybe the cake expanded as it thawed. But not that big of a deal.




What ticks me off even more is that this is the 2nd time I have purchased Wilton's crappy food color pens for $8. They DO NOT work! Bakerella apparently uses a different brand (Americolor) and I need to find those, because I could not use the Wilton ones to draw the faces on my jack-o-lanterns and ghosts. SO, I spent hours shaping little ghosts that ended up looking like white wedding bells instead (because they had no faces). Ugh.



But, they were still a hit - everyone loved them, and it will not stop me from making them again. Although it probably will stop me from making any which require drawing...

1 comment:

Anne said...

Those pops look great, but I know what you mean about the Wilton edible markers- I have the hardest time with them. I bet they were a hit, though!