Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My First Time

So I joined the Tuesdays With Dorie blogroll and I'm so happy I did. Each Tuesday we all make the same recipe from, what I refer to as "My Baking Bible," Baking: From My Home To Yours by Dorie Greenspan. This week was my first Tuesday, and unfortunately I am posting one day late. I seem to have a hard time getting my pictures uploaded quickly, which is why I often do several posts in one day. But from this point forward, I think I will bake on the weekend so I can post on Tuesday like I'm supposed to.

Anyway, the first recipe was Lenox Almond Biscotti and it was awesome. I've made biscotti many times, but the difference in these is the batter contained yellow cornmeal. The cornmeal added the nicest extra crunch and texture that I've ever tasted in a biscotti.

I will definitely be making theses again, especially since my husband has declared biscotti as his new favorite dessert. I think next time I may dunk the finished product in some chocolate for a chocolate covered biscotti - how could it be bad?

3 comments:

Nichicakes said...

One good thing about being one of the last to post- or posting late is that we all get to see your beautiful work without all the other pesky posts.
I'm amazed at how different everyone's biscotti came out.

Mary Ann said...

Great job- they look wonderful!

Bungalow Barbara said...

This look great! So glad you liked them!